[Spread-users] "connection clsoed" problem

Brian Moseley bcm at maz.org
Tue Sep 21 14:45:02 EDT 2004

hiya. i'm encountering an exception when sending multiple messages over
a single connection from a java servlet to spread.

i open the connection and multicast a message, but when i then multicast
a second message, i get the exception "Connection clsoed during connect
attempt to read authnames".

once this has happened, i can no longer connect to spread from the
servlet, even if i reload its webapp.

my webapp is coded to open a spread connection for each thread executing
my servlet. is it possible that i'm getting this problem because spread
doesn't support more than one connection from a single process?

========

spread.conf:

DebugFlags = { PRINT EXIT }
EventLogFile = /usr/local/massive/logs/spread.log
RuntimeDir = /usr/local/massive/var
EventTimeStamp = "[%a %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S]"
#RequiredAuthMethods = "IP"

Spread_Segment  127.0.0.255:4803 {

	localhost		127.0.0.1
}