[Spread-users] Easy Newbie Question?

Bobby Beckmann bbeckmann at optaros.com
Fri Oct 22 17:33:11 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a network where content flows from various
publishers to subscribers, but I'm wondering how do I guarantee that a
subscriber will receive a message that a publisher sends. If the
subscriber crashes, I would be able to pick up a membership message, and
stop sending. Is this the way to do it? Seems odd that every publisher
would have to keep track of who is supposed to be subscribed to the
content.

So, what I'm asking for, I suppose, is durable message queuing with
spread. How is this done? Is there another package I can use in
conjunction with spread?

Thanks!

-bobby