[Spread-users] TimeLag in Recognising Groups

Abhishek Sipani abhisheks at bsil.com
Thu Nov 25 10:04:08 EST 2004

Hi all,
It seems am just running into problems daily with spread.As soon as i almost
finish fixing one a new one springs up.
Here is the new problem :
I have a config file which reads like
Spread_Segment  233.1.1.1:4803 {

	Ravikiran	192.168.11.97
	HP187		192.168.11.77
	Shabu		192.168.11.40
	Sham		192.168.11.134
	Abhishek	192.168.11.53
}
i also have an mfc client for communication . Now am trying to run one
client on Shabu(192.168.11.40) and the same on another machine
Abhishek(192.168.11.53). Both have private_group names similar to the
machine names
i.e. #Shabu#Shabu and #Abhishek#Abhishek..Now my problem is it takes an
enormously long time for the spread daemon to recognise these groups and no
communication happens between these clients until it does that. Once done,
there are no issues with commuincation.
After this there are no apparent problems:
************************************
Membership id is ( -1062728907, 1101394405)
--------------------
Configuration at Abhishek is:
Num Segments 1
        1       233.1.1.1         4803
                Abhishek                192.168.11.53
====================
Membership id is ( -1062728920, 1101394677)
--------------------
Configuration at Abhishek is:
Num Segments 1
        2       233.1.1.1         4803
                Shabu                   192.168.11.40
                Abhishek                192.168.11.53
====================
++++++++++++++++++++++
Num of groups: 1
[1] group FirstGroupName with 2 members:
        [1] #Abhishek#Abhishek
        [2] #Shabu#Shabu
----------------------
Moreover if some other client joins in the process,it is joined in quickly
and the communication happens smoothly again.Am using SAFE_MESS.Would like
to add also here that if there are clients being added to the group(which is
same in all cases)and trying to connect to the spread daemon on the same
machine, there are no time lags.Please advise.
Abhishek Sipani,
Blue Star Infotech.
Phone:(o)-91-22-569 56969
      (direct)-91-22-569 56966
      (m)    98204 51504
"When Life offers you Lemons, Learn to make Lemonade"