[Spread-users] Compiling spread with Sun compiler

Luc I. Suryo luc.suryo at cabelas.com
Wed Nov 24 20:05:54 EST 2004

> Is there any way to run ./configure so that it builds using the Sun
> compiler and linker?
>
> I have got as far as:
> CC=cc ./configure
>
> But it is trying to make a shared library using:
> SHLD=cc -shared
>
> What I need is:
> SHLD=cc -G

yes, i have mine compiled in 32-bits

make sure you have the correct path to cc and /usr/ccs/bin

CC=cc \
CFLAGS="-O -I/usr/local/include" \
LDFLAGS="-s -L/usr/local/include -R/usr/local/include" \
	./configure .....

this was with spread-src-3.17.3

for my makefile:

SHCC=cc
SHLD=cc -G
SHCFLAGS=-O -I/usr/local/etc/spread/include -I/usr/local/include -KPIC
SHCPPFLAGS= -I. -I$(srcdir)
SHLDFLAGS= -s -R/usr/local/etc/spread/lib:/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/etc/spread/lib -L/usr/local/lib
SHLIBS=-lsocket -lnsl
RANLIB=ranlib

does it helps?

-ls