[Spread-users] Spread and fork ()

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Nov 23 01:21:16 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:22:27 -0500
Ryan Caudy <rcaudy at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, to me, it's hard to see an application where you would really
> benefit from sharing one mbox in multiple processes.  I'd be
> interested to know about your application.

The application is a distributed RPC system where the nodes executing a
given RPC are anonymous to the caller.  I use a common control channel
for all the execution processes (there may be multiple processes per
node), as well as the population of callers/initiators.  However none of
that requires or benefits from a single mbox being shared between
processes.

--
J C Lawrence