[Spread-users] Introducing Replicated Hash Table 2.0

Jacob Green jgreen at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Nov 16 13:46:09 EST 2004

Greetings Spread Community,

We at Spread Concepts are pleased to officially announce the version 2.0
release of our Replicated Hash Table (RHT) package!

RHT provides simple and powerful, high performance state replication without
the complexity.  You can find out more information about RHT from the
product web page (http://www.spreadconcepts.com/replicated_hash_info.html).

More about RHT:
RHT is an in-memory hash table data-structure replicated on multiple
participating computer systems.  Consistency between each table replica is
maintained at all times.  RHT uses Spread and automatically handles network
partitions, server crashes, and network re-merges between the various
replica.  To the programmer, RHT exposes a simple and intuitive common
interface to the standard key-value hash table data structure.

What’s new in version 2.0?
- Full cross platform support including Microsoft Windows, Linux, and most
Unix similar operating systems
- Event callbacks.  RHT sends you notifications when the local table is
updated by an entry from a remote replica.  Allowing event driven
programming.
- New UNION semantics define how deleted entries are handled when network
merges occur.
- Features an improved API.
- Full documentation and Reference Guide provided.

If you are interested in an evaluation of RHT, and think RHT would be of
assistance to you, please contact us (info at spreadconcepts.com)

Cheers,
The Spread Concepts Team

Jacob Green