[Spread-users] Message reception time

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:16:19 EST 2004

Alberto, you'll need to provide a lot more information for the list to
answer your question.  What kind of messages are you sending (i.e.
FIFO, AGREED, SAFE)?  How large are they, and how many per second?
What is your Spread configuration?  What is the underlying network
like (latency, bandwidth, architecture)?  Are both your servers and
clients acting as clients to the Spread daemon?  Are you still using
the Java library?

I'm also curious... did you try out the patch I provided you for the
bugs you reported last week?

Cheers,
Ryan

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:50:50 +0100 (CET), Alberto Martinez
<albertinho_2000 at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hi!
>    I've got an structure with several servers and
> clients where one of the servers (main server) sends
> messages to each client.
>
>    However I need to perform this action as quick as
> posible so I write down some measures about message
> send from server and reception from client.
>
>    I've got an average time of 40 ms but I need a
> great improve in this times. Do you know if it is a
> problem from spread or from spread configuration???
>
> Thanxs!

Ryan W. Caudy
<rcaudy at gmail.com>
Bloomberg L.P.
<rcaudy1 at bloomberg.net>
[Alumnus]
<caudy at cnds.jhu.edu>
Center for Networking and Distributed Systems
Department of Computer Science