[Spread-users] Spread Messaging

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 18:55:23 EST 2004

C and D will not get the message when the network split resolves --
they will have to ask A and B for it.  Spread doesn't implement a
persistance service, and forgets about messages when they have been
written out to the currently-connected set of clients.

Cheers,
Ryan

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:29:34 -0500, Richard Boehme
<boehme at eyemaginations.com> wrote:
> Hi there. I have a very basic Spread question that I can't seem to find
> a FAQ for.
>
> If I have four computers, A, B, C, and D all assigned to the same group,
> and all connected to each other, I can send messages between them. If a
> network split occurs and A and B are separated from C and D, what
> happens if A sends a message to the group? Will C and D get it when the
> network split resolves, or will I have to ask A and B what was missed?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Richard Boehme

Ryan W. Caudy
<rcaudy at gmail.com>
Bloomberg L.P.
<rcaudy1 at bloomberg.net>
[Alumnus]
<caudy at cnds.jhu.edu>
Center for Networking and Distributed Systems
Department of Computer Science