[Spread-users] newbye question about spread: topology

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Tue May 4 11:32:22 EDT 2004

It depends a bit on what you're doing.  However, in general, it's better
to have N daemons.  This is because daemon-daemon communication is
multicast, while daemon-client communication is unicast.  Also, we
generally recommend that clients connect locally to a daemon on the same
host, so that they don't have to send their traffic over the network.

--Ryan