[Spread-users] Maximum Message Size

James Wagner James.Wagner at mci.com
Thu Jun 24 08:59:56 EDT 2004

We have tested with message sizes up to 1000M I believe. The following only
tests 2M, but the ideas are the same.

* scatter.h

  #define MAX_SCATTER_ELEMENTS 10000

* user.c - just used in test program

  #define MAX_MESS_LEN 2000000 /* for testing larger buffers */

  o change static char buf[102400] to use
    MAX_MESS_LEN - something around that size...

The biggest issue in user.c is that it doesn't use the MAX_MESS_LEN constant
everywhere, but changing the above seemed to fix it.

We did this a while back and I don't remember testing larger buffers with
flooder, we probably just used user.c. I also believe we are currently
running with these larger sizes and sending data of larger sizes. I'm no
longer working on this exact code, so I'd have to wait until the person
working it shows up to confirm this. If the above doesn't help and you still
have problems, send another message later today and I'll ask them about it.

James.