[Spread-users] Certificates problem of secure spread

John Lau cflau at clc.cuhk.edu.hk
Mon Jul 12 21:55:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am a new user of Secure spread and want to develop a distributed
system using Secure spread. I would like to ask some questions on the
generating certifcate for using Secure spread.

1. Do I need to generate certifcates for every users of secure spread in
order to enable them to join a group?
2. Do every nodes have the certifcates of every other users of a group
in order to join the group?
3. If 2 is yes, do I need to generate and distribute the certifcate to
all existing users in a group if I want to add a single user in a group?
4. Do I need to generate and distribute the certifcate to all existing
users in a group if I want to add a single user in a group that it only
listen (and never send message)?

Thank you very much.

John