[Spread-users] make error

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Mon Jul 12 09:04:15 EDT 2004

In your make line add
"-L /path_to_directory_containing_libspread"
before the "-lspread". That adds the path to the compilers list of library
locations.

If you use the 'make install' target of the Spread makefile then it will
install the libraries into /usr/local/lib (unless you change this) and
that directory may be included by default in the location of libraries.
(so you would not need the option I list in the first paragraph).

I noticed you are using Spread 3.17.0 -- is there a reason you need to use
the older version? 3.17.2 has a number of bugfixes in it and is what we
recommend.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science