[Spread-users] Membership

John Schultz jschultz at commedia.cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Jul 9 12:38:13 EDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Ben Young wrote:

> The thing is I wanted to identify processes I could sent jobs to by group
> type. However in the situation above people who want to know who is in
> "GROUP" can't distinguish between actual members and other people who wanted
> to find out who is in "GROUP". Will have a bit of a think about this.

You could also do a poll driven thing, where the process needing to send a
job queries the group (sends a message to it) to see what worker processes
are available.  One or more of the group members could respond with the
current membership information and whatever other information the
requestor might need to make a decision.

John