[Spread-users] Membership

Ben Young ben at transversal.com
Fri Jul 9 11:01:59 EDT 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 15:52, Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2004, at 10:31 AM, Ben Young wrote:
> > Is it possible to get the members of a group, or membership messages
> > of a
> > group, without being a member of that group?
>
> You can by hacking Spread, but not currently through the client API.
>
> The typical way to do this at low cost is to have everyone in "GROUP"
> also join "mGROUP" and not request membership events on "mGROUP".
> People interested in the membership of "GROUP" can join "mGROUP" only
> with membership events enabled and the members will be in the join
> notification.

The thing is I wanted to identify processes I could sent jobs to by group
type. However in the situation above people who want to know who is in
"GROUP" can't distinguish between actual members and other people who wanted
to find out who is in "GROUP". Will have a bit of a think about this.

Thanks for the help!

Ben
---