[Spread-users] patch or get latest from cvs?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Jan 27 21:02:18 EST 2004

CVS is bugfixes and one small enhancement. It will be packaged up into a
new 3.17.2 release soon -- just waiting on two more bugs to be fixed.

Both versions should be stable -- 3.17.1 has the known bugs we have fixed,
but except for those special cases is quite good. Here is the current list
of fixes from the CVS Readme.txt file.

Current Fixes:
--------------
*) Fix daemon quit when multiple interfaces are configured as "D" daemon
interfaces in the spread.conf file. Bug reported by Orit Wasserman.
*) Updated url for Java 'ant' build system. Patch by Daniel Rall.
*) Fix group_id bug that causes incorrect vs_sets. Patch by Ryan Caudy.
*) Fix spread.conf parser so it validates the machine names in segments
   and forces them to be less then MAX_PROC_NAME. Patch by Mikhail
Terekhov.
*) Minor fix to Mac OS X compilation so library softlinks do not fail the
   second time make is run.
*) Alarm() changes to support priority levels on each Alarm() call.
*) Fix crash by improving packet accounting when a client connected to a
   singleton daemon sends a large broadcast. Reported by David Shaw.
*) Fix bus errors on Sparc & Alpha for message buffer integer assignment.
   Reported by Greg Shebert and Mikhail Terekhov.
*) Verify daemon names in spread.conf are unique. If non-unique names are
   provided in spread.conf, configuration will be rejected and daemon will
   not start. Suggested by Tim Peters.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science