[Spread-users] Slow receiver

Anurag Gupta agupta at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jan 27 00:33:35 EST 2004

Thanks for your quick response.

Latency of each message is ~200ms. ktracing the spread daemon (we are on
free bsd) led us to multiple sendmsg's failling for each one succeeding. I
think num_try is restricted to 10 in data_link.c thats why it stops after
200ms. When I do a dump from ktrace, I see 10 of these for each successful
sendmsg:

==============
 61327 spread   0.000004 RET   select 0
 61327 spread   0.000003 CALL  sendmsg(0x5,0x80b1ae4,0)
 61327 spread   0.000005 RET   sendmsg -1 errno 49 Can't assign requested
address
 61327 spread   0.000004 CALL  select(0,0,0,0,0x806a824)
===============

Only uncommented lines in spread.conf are:

Spread_Segment  127.0.0.255:4803 {
  localhost   127.0.0.1
  client  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  spread-daemon xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx