[Spread-users] Increasing the size of the group name

James J. Wagner James.Wagner at mci.com
Fri Jan 23 17:24:34 EST 2004

Well that seems to be the weird thing. MAX_PRIVATE_NAME can't be a multiple of
4. 10 is how the distro is set, and I had to set it to 30. 32 didn't work.

Ah... since the MAX_GROUP_NAME = 2 + MAX_PRIVATE_NAME(30) + MAX_PROC_NAME(20),
*IT* does equal a power of 4... 52. And it also equals a power of 4 when the
private name is set to 10.

Assuming that is true, good to know. That way if I have to increase it again,
I'll know how to calculate a valid number.

> As far as I know, the reason for the two separate definitions
> is to hide
> the "real" formula from the user, and give a very simple set
> of headers
> to be used by clients programs linking with libspread.  I
> agree that it
> may need further consideration.

Yeah... probably a good idea if clients don't have to configure things. But if
they do, then having the formulas helps.

	Thanks,
		James.