[Spread-users] Interesting Spread crash with 3.17.01

David Shaw dshaw at reference-info.com
Fri Jan 16 13:20:06 EST 2004

I can reliably cause the spread daemon to fail with:

  Send_new_packets: created packet 8193 already exist 1
  Exit caused by Alarm(EXIT)

To reproduce, run spread with the attached config file (it's just a
single daemon on localhost).  Before the Configuration message appears
("Configuration at david is....") run spflooder as:

   spflooder -b 100000

Pow.

My particulars are Linux 2.4.20 on i686, and glibc 2.3.2.  (Basically
Red Hat 9).

If you run spflooder with a byte count of 10000 or if you wait for the
Configuration message to appear it works properly.

David