[Spread-users] experience with using multicast

Greg Shebert gshebert at efs-us.com
Fri Feb 20 08:40:31 EST 2004

hi folks

anyone out there have experience setting up spread groups using
multicast addressing?

i have several nodes on different subnets on a lan that i am trying to
group together using multicast based groups...

things seem to work for a short time and then stop... then, tons of
multicast traffic starts flying around my network but nothing is being
propogated to my spread client apps...

the relevant section of my config looks like this:

Spread_Segment  225.10.2.1:4803 {
        ops1                    10.2.17.12
        alservice1              192.92.12.51
        krserv1                 10.5.0.12
        alserv1                 192.92.12.14
}

Spread_Segment  225.10.3.1:4803 {
        adserv1                 23.90.2.1
        adservice1              23.90.2.29
        adservice2              23.90.2.30
}

Spread_Segment  225.10.4.1:4803 {
        asserv1                 192.92.16.12
}

i've only been trying to get things to work within the first segment
thus far...

any guidance would be appreciated
-greg-