[Fwd: Re: [Spread-users] sublinear movement]

Piotr Kozieradzki piotoru at zodiac.mimuw.edu.pl
Thu Feb 5 09:18:08 EST 2004

Piotr Kozieradzki:

> I my aplication I use 6 spread groups (now it is only 2 clients in
> each group one publisher one subscriber).
>
>        Legend:
>            A, B, C - 3 aplications one per each host
>            p -    publisher
>            s - subscriber
>
> trafic:
> A p1    --> B s1
> A p2    --> C s1
>
> B p1    --> A s2
> B p2    --> C s2
>
> C p1    --> A s1
> C p2    --> B s2
>
> each publisher sends 30 packet/ s (each packet 250B).  each aplication
> (A,B and C) includes 2 publisher and 2 subscriber (A includes Ap1,
> Ap2, As1 and As2 ;  B include Bp1, Bp2, ... etc). So each genarate
> proces (A, B and C) generate 30 * 2 * 250 B/s = 15000B/s.
> But in fact the trafic was about 160kB OUT and ~200kB IN.
> But after that I test it with 300 packet /s (each publisher).
> I found something strange: on host with proces A trafic was something
> about ~170kB - ~200kB  OUT    and ~400kB. Isn't to much?
>
> After about one client (A xor B xor C) fall dawn with -8 error.

I would like to give some interesting log (libpcap file) after use this
aplication with 100packet per secound. I add spread.conf file too.
There is really big non-data trafic. The log was create on kasandra host
and text of message consist time, name of host, and name of publisher.
this is movement only FROM kasandra.
Cheers

Piotr Kozieradzki