[Spread-users] More Performance Issues/Questions

Van Gale vangale at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 23 06:35:26 EST 2004

Mike,

Just to give you a small reference point (hopefully), here's my status
output from the leader of a segment with 4 machines.  The daemons have
been running for 134 days.

==================
Status at xxx.com V 3.17. 1 (state 4, gstate 1) after 11654895 seconds :
Membership  :  4  procs in 1 segments, leader is xxx.com
rounds   : 5813238      tok_hurry : 5796169     memb change:     158
sent pack:      14      recv pack :      36     retrans    :       0
u retrans:       0      s retrans :       0     b retrans  :       0
My_aru   :       0      Aru       :       0     Highest seq:       0
Sessions :       1      Groups    :       1     Window     :      60
Deliver M:      44      Deliver Pk:      61     Pers Window:      15
Delta Mes:      44      Delta Pack:       0     Delta sec  : 11654895
==================

(and yeah, this is the first time I've run spmonitor since starting the
daemons hehe)

0 retrans

My segment uses a multicast port:

Spread_Segment  225.237.230.30:4803 {
}

and clients are only allowed to connect to the daemons on lo 127.0.0.1

These daemons aren't pushed hard with a lot of traffic because I'm only
using it for wackamole atm, but I get good spflooder throughput and the
interface they are listening on is, at times, seriously bandwidth choked
by other services.