[Spread-users] Performance Question

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:30:15 EST 2004

Is frln06 separated from the others by a router or switch?  My reason
for guessing this is the different IP address range it belongs to.  If
so, this may be your problem -- Spread sends mutlicast messages with a
TTL of 1.  You may need to use two Spread_Segments to avoid this
problem.  Are the other daemons even finding frln06?

On a non-lossy network, I would expect to see slightly higher latency
for messages when comparing Spread and TCP/IP.  Note that, on the
ring, RELIABLE messages are treated the same as FIFO messages.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Ryan