[Spread-users] Fault Tolerant Server

David Avraamides David.Avraamides at SevernRiverCapital.com
Thu Dec 9 10:41:31 EST 2004

We have implemented a redundant server model here to handle both server failures and to provide server scale-out where appropriate. Its built on top of Spread, thus at this time it doesn't address failures of the Spread daemon itself, rather our notion of a messaging service that sits on top of the Spread network. I'm not sure if that's what you meant. I can give more details if you are interested.
-Dave

________________________________

From: spread-users-admin at lists.spread.org on behalf of Mike Perik
Sent: Thu 12/9/2004 9:37 AM
To: spread-users at lists.spread.org
Subject: [Spread-users] Fault Tolerant Server

Has anyone implemented Fault Tolerance into their
system.  I'm planning on implementing something that
would allow multiple servers back each other up.  If
primary goes down then one of the backups picks up the
broadcasting of data.

I'd be interested in any designs you've use and how
they have worked.

Thanks,
Mike