[Spread-users] Identifying the sender

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Wed Aug 18 12:09:53 EDT 2004

That is exactly what you want. A private group always has only "one"
member. The reason it is called a private _group_ is that it can be used
anywhere in spread that a regular 'group' can be used (to send to, receive
from, in a list of receivers, etc). It just will never have more then one
member.

getSender will return the private group
name of ONLY the sender of the message. So if A connected to daemon on
machine "server1" and it sends a message to the group, all of the
processes will get a message with the sender being "#A#server1" and the
getSender method will retrieve it once the message is received.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science