[Spread-users] spread performance testing

Jayesh Maganlal calicatel at maxis.net.my
Mon Apr 19 14:19:32 EDT 2004

 Hi Ryan and all,

 Need urgent help.

 Referring to your (Ryan's) mail below, i conducted a test on my own with
the
 same scenario that you mentioned, With two spread daemons running on
 different machines (on a 100 Mbit ethernet), a receive-only spflooder on
one
 machine, and a send/receive spflooder on the other, I sent 10000 packets of
 1000 bytes each. The results that i got is no where near what you
mentioned.
 Look at the output below. I don't understand why is it slow. I can do the
 same test using "spsend" and "sprecv" around 1sec. Could it be because of
my
 configuration settings that i have. Below is the configuration that i'm
 using. Please advice. Looking forward for your reply.

 Output:
 C:\spread-bin-3.17.1\win>java Flooder -m 10000 -b 1024 -wo
 Starting multicast of 10000 messages, 1024 bytes each (self discarding).
 Completed 1000 messages
 Completed 2000 messages
 Completed 3000 messages
 Completed 4000 messages
 Completed 5000 messages
 Completed 6000 messages
 Completed 7000 messages
 Completed 8000 messages
 Completed 9000 messages
 Completed 10000 messages
 Time: 6409ms (12.18 Mbps)   <<<< Time taken to send 6.4 seconds

 C:\spread-bin-3.17.1\win>java Flooder -m 10000 -b 1024
 Starting multicast of 10000 messages, 1024 bytes each.
 Completed 1000 messages
 Completed 2000 messages
 Completed 3000 messages
 Completed 4000 messages
 Completed 5000 messages
 Completed 6000 messages
 Completed 7000 messages
 Completed 8000 messages
 Completed 9000 messages
 Completed 10000 messages
 Time: 7051ms (22.15 Mbps)  <<<< Time taken to send 7.051

 Spread Config file (comments are not in the config file):
 Spread_Segment  192.168.1.255:4803 {
  Test02 192.168.1.100       <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--------  receiver machine
  Test04 192.168.1.10         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------sender machine
 }