[Spread-users] Membership algorithm--continued

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Fri Apr 16 13:09:51 EDT 2004

Hi Kevin,

Now I understand... yes, the algorithm specification documented in
Yair's thesis isn't exactly what's implemented in Spread, and yes I
think that you understand now the exchange of information that leads to
an agreement about the membership, and about the ordering/message data.

F_members refers to the list of "future members."  I'm not sure if
there's any public documentation about the implementation of the daemon
membership algorithm, or about the data structures in membership.c

Cheers,
Ryan

--
Ryan W. Caudy
Center for Networking and Distributed Systems