[Spread-users] Membership algorithm--continued

kevin Tian kevin_tian9844 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 23:30:47 EDT 2004

It's very helpful.:-)
But new problems came.
1.
In function Form_or_fail, which case can lead to
Token_alive =1 and F_reps.num_reps= 1? I guess there
is only one daemon?
2.
If daemon is not the smallest rep and token is not
alive, why we conclude the gather process fails and
then restart to gather?
3.
In addition, I think the implementation do not check
whether agreement is reached before creating and
circulating the form token, thus violating the
algorithm description.
4.
And it seems that there is no business of regular
group members---the actual clients do NOT participate
in the membership algorithm. How do they get
membership information then? E.g., Who are the clients
of my group? Is it handled in group.c?
I look through the code, but it is too much for me.

Please help.

Kevin