[Spread-users] Basic question about Spread's messaging system

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 30 17:21:01 EDT 2003

This is possible.  In Spread, every member has a private group - so, if
you'd like to send to just an individual member, you can.  If what you
want is to "send to a group," but in fact send to a single member of the
group, this is possible - when Spread tells you the members of your
group in a Regular Membership Message, the names it gives you are
actually those members' private group names.  This should be all you
need, if I correctly understand your question.  If this is not the case,
let me know. ;-)

Cheers,
Ryan