[Spread-users] Re: how to improve Spread performance

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Mon Sep 29 16:14:05 EDT 2003

I'm not sure what you mean by "blocks in one daemon."  Could you clarify
by explaining the program behavior you're seeing in detail?  That is,
does your client become disconnected from Spread, or does it just fail
to return from calls to receive, or does something else happen?

Sometimes problems of this nature have to do with flow control at the
application level - either it restricts the flow too much, or too
little.  In addition, calls to SP_receive are blocking, but you can use
select or other IO multiplexing tools on the mbox (which is a file
descriptor, really) to get around this.

--Ryan

--
Ryan W. Caudy
Center for Networking and Distributed Systems