[Spread-users] spuser doesn't run with multiple daemons

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Wed Sep 24 18:19:07 EDT 2003

You didn't really answer the questions we asked you, about what commands
you're running, what you're network looks like, and what the broadcast
address is supposed to be for the subnet your machines are on.  Did you
try a multicast address?

Your configuration seems fine, except for the fact that you repeated the
segment declaration (although I would expect the way you did it to not
keep Spread from working).  Below is what you intended to have, I think.

Spread_Segment  138.100.12.255:4803{
	Adapt05		138.100.12.120
#	Adapt06		138.100.12.121
	Adapt07		138.100.12.122
	Adapt08		138.100.12.123
}
DebugFlags = { PRINT }
DangerousMonitor = false

If you replace the DebugFlags line, and add an EvenLogFile line, as
shown below, you can generate output that might help in debugging.

DebugFlags = { PRINT MEMBERSHIP GROUPS SESSION }
EventLogFile = %h.out

Cheers,
Ryan

--
Ryan W. Caudy
Center for Networking and Distributed Systems