[Spread-users] Spread daemon fails frequently!

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Sat Sep 13 14:23:08 EDT 2003

I looked into this in the code and I don't see how that part of the code
is causing an overflow error.

If you can repeat this fault easily and could send some additional
information I might be able to look into it better. What would be useful
is a stack trace, debugger output showing the local variables when the
crash occurs, etc.

If that type of information is not available, then exact instructions to
reproduce it would be the next best thing. That would include the
spread.conf file, explanation of how you are running spread and your
application that uses spread, the spread binary for windows (if you are
not using the one we provide on our website), and the log file for all four
computers like you sent this time.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu