[Spread-users] (no subject)

ynchen ynchen at uudynamics.com
Mon Oct 27 20:37:31 EST 2003

Hi,

    There exists one question about spread in using. when I plug off the network line of one Linux computer which is the member of the spread group, it will soon be informed that there is only itself alive in the group and the other members will be informed that there are only themselves alive in the group samely. However, if I plug off the network line of one Windows computer which is the member of the spread group,this machine will not be informed of the changed situation but others will be informed of the change correctly. In addtion, if I "ifdown" the IP address specified in the spread configuration file on a Linux computer ,the same circumstance occured.

    I think the reason maybe is that spread does not handle such circumstance or when abnormal event happens spread does not handle in the right way. PLS check this deficiency to make spread more perfect. Many thanks.

        ynchen
        ynchen at UUDynamics.com
          2003-10-27