[Spread-users] ANT build.xml not working for spread.3.17.1

Daniel L. Rall dlr at finemaltcoding.com
Wed Oct 22 13:56:42 EDT 2003

Juan Bocanegra wrote:
> You're right about the jikes compiler, I was looking at something else
> when I said it wasn't supported, mainly
> \ant\apache-ant-1.5.4\docs\manual\api\org\apache\tools\ant\taskdefs\Jike
> s.html
> which mentiones that some jikes class is not supported as of ANT 1.2--
> big difference.

Yup, that's the ancient way of integrating Jikes.  James Duncan Davidson --
original author of Ant and ex-coworker of mine -- checked that code in back in
January, 2000 when he imported all of the Ant sources to cvs.apache.org.  The
<javac> task likely didn't originally have support for Jikes, and was later
refactored to support it "natively" (via the build.compiler property).  ;-)

- Dan