[Spread-users] Starting trouble

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Sat Oct 11 10:23:13 EDT 2003

Well, first, just to make sure, you aren't really using yy.xx as the
middle two bytes of your addresses, are you?  I assumed you just didn't
want to give away what your address range was, but if that is not the
case, replace xx.yy with the right numbers.

Did you try using a multicast address, like 225.10.1.4?  Its possible
that broadcast isn't allowed by your network, or that 128.yy.xx.255 just
isn't the correct broadcast address for your network (i.e. if the subnet
mask isn't 255.255.255.0).  You can check some of these things out with
"ipconfig /all" on a windows box.

--Ryan