[Spread-users] Starting trouble

Vijay Kumar kumar__v at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 20:33:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

  We are trying to use spread to create a fault tolerant virtual stock
exchange system, but looks like we hit the road block pretty early.  We
donwload the 3.17.1 binary version and tried running it on a LAN.  The
platform was WinXP.  Shown below is the part of the config file which we
used.

Spread_Segment  127.0.0.255:4803 {
	user1		128.yy.xx.201
	user2		128.yy.xx.39
	user3		128.yy.xx.106
}

  We ran the spread deamon on all 3 machines with the same config file and
then ran 'sptuser.exe' to test the initial setup by sending messages to each
other.  The system works as long as there are 2 users, but stops working
when the third user joins.  In short nobody is able to receive any message.

  Are we missing something here?  Is spread configured to run only with 2
users?

thanks,
Vijay Kumar.