[Spread-users] CVS server unavailable?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Mon Oct 6 12:04:38 EDT 2003

Hi Daniel,

It's been down because of our server switchover. There is still one
problem with it, but I reenabled it as it will now work for most people.

The one catch is it only works if you are using a SSH DSA/RSA key and not
if you are using a simple password. Since I think you have a DSA key, just
try again and it should now work just as it always did.

I will get it working again for those users who have a regular password,
but I'm not sure when.

The problem appears to be that the Linux PAM system is quite unhappy
running in a chroot environment and refuses to log any error messages
explaining WHY it is failing -- just a very unhelpful "XXX failed to
authenticate" even when I enable all of the debug options. If anyone has
gotten a Linux Redhat 8 PAM setup to work in a chroot environment and has
some suggestions, I'd be happy to hear from you.

If you have any problems with it (except for the obvious lack of password
login) please email me and I'll fix it. I was able to do both a
clean checkout and an edit/checkin from my laptop so hopefully the
password problem is the only bug.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science