[Spread-users] spuser doesn't work with spread

marc.jacquin at telvent.abengoa.com marc.jacquin at telvent.abengoa.com
Tue Nov 4 14:52:37 EST 2003

I am trying to use spuser to test spread, but I cannot get it to work
properly. I'm working on a system called SYSTEMA, which is an ALPHA
platform.  I created a /usr/local/etc/spread.conf file for my spread.daemon
with the following values: (Note: I have two lans - 128.1.1.x and
128.1.2.x)

   Spread_Segment 128.1.1.255:4803 {
             SYSTEMA 128.1.1.2 {
                     128.1.1.2
                     128.1.2.2
                     C 127.0.0.1
             }
   }

   DebugFlags = { ALL !DATA_LINK !EVENTS }
   EventLogFile = Spread_%h.log

I started spread from the command prompt and I can see that it is running.
So that seems to be okay.

Then I start up two spuser sessions as shown below:
   >spuser -u user1
   >spuser -u user2

I have both spuser join a group called "testgroup". Then I have one of the
spuser's send out a message "hello world".
   User> j testgroup

   User> s testgroup
   enter message: hello world

Neither spuser recieves the message. When I start spmonitor I can see that
spread is not recieving the messages. The state = 4 and the Groups = 0. No
packets were received.

   Monitor>
   ============================
   Status at SYSTEMA V 3.17. 1 (state 4, gstate 1) after 765 seconds :
   Membership  :  1  procs in 1 segments, leader is SYSTEMA
   rounds   :     335      tok_hurry :     201     memb change:     147
   sent pack:       0      recv pack :       0     retrans    :       0
   u retrans:       0      s retrans :       0     b retrans  :       0
   My_aru   :       0      Aru       :       0     Highest seq:       0
   Sessions :       2      Groups    :       0     Window     :      60
   Deliver M:       0      Deliver Pk:       0     Pers Window:      15
   Delta Mes:       0      Delta Pack:       0     Delta sec  :       0

Is there any reason why I wouldn't be getting messages?

Thanks