[Spread-users] problems concerning two daemons talking...

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Sat Mar 29 17:01:36 EST 2003

 From the output you showed below, it looks like the problem is that the
daemons aren't communicating, not that the clients can't communicate
through them.  Output like:
    Configuration at gattaca is:
    Num Segments 1
            1        192.168.1.255        4803
                    gattaca                192.168.1.7
suggests that gattaca does not see niche.  I would expect similar output
on niche, only listing niche (and not gattaca).

I suspect that your problem is the ports... your output says that the
segment is on port 4803, while the spread.conf you described says it is
on 4805.  Both daemons must use spread.conf files with the same segment
list information, in the same order.

Hope this helps,
Ryan