[Spread-users] Deamon API ?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Thu Jul 17 11:55:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 03:34:20PM +0300, Torsten Rueger wrote:
> Moi,
> I've read the User guide and it seems that what spread provide would
> suit our need (which is data synchronisation).
>
> But our architecture is itself like spread's, in that we're developing
> a daemon to which clients connect. So my question is:
>
> How does one use spread as a library. Ie where do I find the api and

You must have a Spread daemon running for it to work. You use the Spread
api (it supports C, java, python, perl, and others) to access the
services provided by the daemon.

I'm not sure what exactly your architecture is, or how it works, but my
first thought would be that your daemon acts like a client to the Spread
daemon. So you use the Spread API calls in your daemon just like usual
for Spread applications. Then you just have a spread daemon running
along side your daemon and it should just work.

> it's documentation. Would there be a python api to it by any chance ?

Their is a python api, you can find it at:
http://www.python.org/other/spread/

However it is just a client api, you still need to have a daemon
running.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science