[Spread-users] Spread 'kill' my server

Michele Ravani Michele.Ravani at swissonline.ch
Sun Feb 16 17:30:38 EST 2003

Hi

(Warning: I don't know a thing about Spread specifically, but ...)

personally I think that changing a #define somewhere in the code is a rather
dangerous thing to do. Your application could stop working for reasons
(i.e. number of messages passing the threshold) unknown to everybody but you.

I guess it would be a more defensive programming style to have a high priority
thread reading the messages from the buffer and pumping them to an internal
queue as quickly as possible. Another (or more) thread could then read the
messages from the queue and process them.

Ciao

Michele Ravani                  Michele.Ravani at swissonline.ch
"Those who live hoping, die singing" My Gran