[Spread-users] spread without multicast

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 25 09:15:04 EST 2003

Thats true, but the message will still be sent to each daemon.  If the
goal is to avoid using IP multicast communication, then segments could
be set up with a broadcast address.  The other option, if you prefer not
to have any IP multicast or broadcast communication, is to put each
daemon in a segment by itself.  This isn't recommended, since it would
severely decrease performance on most networks, although it would still
provide the semantic guarantees you might need from Spread.

--Ryan