[Spread-users] Spread daemon -8 and -11 errors

Jacob Green jgreen at spreadconcepts.com
Tue Dec 23 16:47:21 EST 2003

CONNECTION_CLOSED is often due to joined spread clients not receiving
messages fast enough.  Spread daemons will do _some_ buffering of messages
(up to 10,000 by default), but ultimately if your senders far outpace your
receiver's capacity, you will need to implement some sort of flow control.

Discussions and suds code for possible flow control methods can be found on
the list at:
http://lists.spread.org/pipermail/spread-users/2003-June/001483.html

and a detailed analysis at the bottom of:
http://lists.spread.org/pipermail/spread-users/2002-May/000767.html

Jacob