[Spread-users] Spread daemon -8 and -11 errors

Chetan Gadgil cgadgil_list at cxoindia.dnsalias.com
Wed Dec 24 02:43:24 EST 2003

Ideally, the flow control should be done by the spread library itself.
If the messages are pushed at a much higher rate than they are pulled,
the "push" operation (SP_multicast) can become progressively more and
more expensive in terms of time. i.e. it will take progressively more
time to return from the call. (This can be made "intelligent" and
configurable - per group, type of message etc.)

In any case, killing the receiver seems un-intuitive. If at all, you
should kill the sender.

Regards
Chetan

HISTORY, n.
  An account mostly false, of events mostly unimportant, which are
brought about by rulers mostly knaves, and soldiers mostly fools.
    - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary