[Spread-users] Newbie questions: Distributed queues, synchronous messaging and multi-threading

Chatter Box the_broadcaster at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 13:12:36 EST 2003

Hi all,

I've just come accross the spread toolkit. It seems quite impressive. I do
however have a few questions:

1). Has anyone ever used spread to build a distributed queue (ala Tibco
Rendezvous)?. If so, could you please point me to some documentation/or
example that shows how to do this uding spread.

2). Has anyone ever used spread to build a fault tolerant group (across
machines)?. If so, could you please point me to some documentation/or
example that shows how to do this uding spread.

3). Is thread capable of blocking (synchronous) messaging?. If so, how is
this done ?

4). Is thread threadsafe (no pun intended!). Are there re-entrancy problems
when running  thread in different processing threads (probably sounds
confusing but I hope you understanding what I'm alluding to!)

looking forward to your responses

Many thanks in advance