[Spread-users] Request/response Java API

Van Gale vangale at fastmail.fm
Sat Aug 30 02:57:26 EDT 2003

Ben Bernhard wrote:
> I’m investigating spread for use in a distributed application. Messaging
> applications are obvious, but some communication will be
> request/response. Is anybody aware of a bolt-on API that would provide
> request/response semantics?

As with Ryan, I'm a little confused by exactly what you are looking for
here.

Do you mean that you want a request packet to be broadcast to a message
group and then only one member of that group to produce a response (i.e.
load balancing)?

Or, do you mean that one group member needs to be able to send a packet
directly to another group member and then receive a response?

Van