[Spread-users] using src on solaris

lowwk lowwk at sg.fujitsu.com
Wed Aug 6 02:45:35 EDT 2003

hi,

I'm using the src on Solaris 8.  when I do a ./configure, I encounter the following error message:
# ./configure
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for ranlib... :
checking for a BSD compatible install... buildtools/install-sh -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for flex... /usr/local/bin/flex
checking for ar... no
checking for perl5... no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
configure: error: *** 'ar' missing, please install or fix your $PATH ***
#

please advice