[Spread-users] spread issue

Ryan Caudy caudy at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 30 16:23:41 EDT 2003

These numbers don't make a lot of sense.  Mess should be empty... what
you're reporting is either the random contents of mess, or its memory
address.  Num groups should be the negative of the number of groups you
need, and endian mismatch should be the negative of the size that mess
needs to hold.

What are the values you are passing for max_mess_len and max_groups?
What are the actual number of groups and message sizes you are using?
Are you certain that the values you are printing are not memory
locations (i.e. if you are not dereferencing the pointers)?

--Ryan