[Spread-users] IPv6

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Oct 22 12:32:18 EDT 2002

No Spread does not currently support IPv6 addresses and interfaces. Doing
that has been discussed, but there has been little interest so far and it
would take a substantial modification to the code as the size of the
machine addresses changes and it may be too inefficient to use the IP
addresses as the machien id's anymore when they grow from 4 bytes to
16bytes.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science