[Spread-users] weird spread issue

George Schlossnagle george at omniti.com
Wed Oct 16 13:36:32 EDT 2002

Weird hang issues just started popping up.   My ring of 8 machines will
hang, in the sense that no events or messages are passed.  spmonitor
shows up everything in gstate 1/state 1, but when I sign on with spuser
and try to join a groupo, I never get a join confirmation.  Also a
'send's are never recieved either.

This problem is sporadic.  If I terminate all the daemons and restart
them, the ring starts up normally, works for a bit (anywhere from a
couple minutes to a day), then craps out again.  This is spread 3.16.2.
 No recent network topology or configuration changes have occured
coincident wiith this.

Weird.

George