[Spread-users] retrans problem: UDP tests

Martin Decker mdecker77 at aol.com
Tue Oct 8 05:18:15 EDT 2002

Hello,

two questions:

1) thanks for the hint to tst lowlevel udp with ./r and ./s. I found out that
one host has a miss rate of 15%, whereas the other has only 2%. I will have a
look at that machine now.

2) is it possible to configure one spread daemon to work with 2 mulicast
adresses?

I want one host to be the sender to two multicast addresses, with 2 receivers
in each addresss.

Spread_Segment 226.1.1.7:5803 {
    dev907-green      192.168.101.186
    dev908-green        192.168.101.187
    dev912            192.168.101.189
}

Spread_Segment 226.0.0.6:4803 {
    dev911            192.168.101.188
    dev912            192.168.101.189
}

is that possible?

It seems that in the log file, only the first segment is listed, and the
second multicast address is listed without members.

Martin
--
// Martin Decker, Systems Engineer, Data Center Operations     //
// AOL Germany, Dingolfinger-Str. 2-4, D-81673 Munich, Germany //